Did You Know You Can Save Above 50% off U.S. Cost When Receiving a Gastric Bypass Surgery at an Accredited Hospital in Mexico?
The Gastric Bypass Surgery Statistics
Gastric bypass procedures are performed worldwide, with over 170,000 performed in the U.S. each year. Over half of all weight loss surgeries performed are gastric bypass surgeries.
What is the Average Cost of Gastric Bypass Surgery?
The average cost can vary but can run between $25,000 and $40,000 in the U.S; around 15,000 British Pounds or more in the U.K and cost is around $28,000 in Canada.
How Effective Is the Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Gastric bypass surgery is extremely effective. Weight loss is typically about 70% - 80% of your excess weight.
Is the Gastric Bypass Surgery Right for Me?
Deciding if gastric bypass is right for you depends on your preferences and your BMI. If your BMI is 35 or higher with a weight related condition, such as hypertension or type II diabetes, or a BMI over 40 gastric bypass surgery may be right for you.
Advantages of a Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico
- Laparoscopic (non-invasive) surgery
- Save over 50% at a state-of-the-art JCI accredited hospital facility in Mexico
- Lowers cholesterol, improves diabetes, sleep apnea and high blood pressure
- Short average surgical times
- Track record of success
- No chance of device slippage, as can occur with LAP BAND
About Gastric Bypass Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery should be considered only as a last alternative when other traditional weight loss methods such as dieting and exercise have failed. There are different types of gastric bypass however the most common procedure done is the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RGB).
During this procedure the stomach is cut and separated into 2 sections: A smaller pouch that the food will pass through and a larger section that will now be unused. In the next step the Y-shaped section of the small intestine is attached to the small pouch that has been created.
Doing this allows food to bypass the large portion of the stomach, the duodenum as well as the first portion of the jejunum. The result of this is a restriction to the amount of food you can consume. It also reduces the amount of calories and nutrients your body can now absorb. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia. The entire surgery takes between 1 and 2 hours to complete.
Things to Expect After Surgery
For a day or two you will not be permitted to eat, allowing the stomach can heal. Your diet will be restricted to liquids at first, but you will quickly graduate to semi-solid and solid food. Meals will be forever be much smaller and must be eaten slowly, as overeating and eating quickly can cause pain or even vomiting.
Other things that may occur at first are feelings of tiredness, being cold and body aches. Your hair may thin, though vitamins with mineral supplements should prevent this process. Gastric bypass surgery can produce dramatic loss of weight and many people lose 50% or more of their excess weight in the first year.
Receiving a Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico is as much as 50% or more less cost than receiving the surgery performed locally. It is also a safe option. All of the facilities that MedPath Group works with in Mexico are approved by the Joint Commission International. This means the facilities are known to provide medical care that is as up-to-date and safe as the care provided at your local hospitals.
The doctors at these facilities are highly competent, board certified physicians that received their training in the United States. The nurses are friendly and helpful with all of the patients that come there to receive care.
Patients that have chosen to arrange for Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico through MedPath Group have always expressed how happy they were with the quality of care they received. They also express how deeply impressed they were by the hospitality extended to them by the doctors, nurses and staff in Mexico.
Here are the facts about our affiliate hospitals, medical centers and the average cost:
- They are internationally top-rated and accredited by the JCI
- All of our surgeons are board certified specialists, not general surgeons. This means they have been required to pass rigorous examinations and participate in extensive training.
- The equipment, prosthetics & technology used are of the highest standards and quality. They are the same, or better, than you would find in your local hospital.
- The medical staff and surgeons in Mexico offer first rate quality personal care and attention that will far exceed your expectations.
- Compared to average local surgery cost, medical travel to Mexico is significantly more affordable
* The JCI is an international accrediting body for medical facilities that has been approved by the International Society for Quality in Health Care. It also works with the World Health Organization on issues of patient safety.