The coronary arteries are the small arteries that surround the heart and provide circulation to the heart. Because of things like high cholesterol, diabetes, heredity and smoking, an individual can get blockages of the coronary arteries. If the blockages become too narrow, there can be an additional blood clot that blocks the artery altogether, leading to a heart attack. If the narrowed areas are cleaned out before the heart attack happens, the person can avoid the complications of narrowed arteries. A person knows they need to have heart valve bypass surgery or (CABG) if they have a bad stress test of the heart or if they have a CT scan of the heart indicating they need an angioplasty to determine the exact narrowness of the artery. If there is significant narrowing, you’ll probably need to receive heart valve bypass surgery.
What happens during the heart surgery?
You will receive anesthesia of some kind.A general anesthesia is the most common form used.An incision is made down the center of the chest and the sternum must then be sawed through.The heart is cooled with very cold saltwater and the arteries are injected with a preservative to minimize damage from lessened blood-flow during surgery.The aorta is clamped off and blood is oxygenated with a heart-lung machine. A vein segment, usually from the saphenous vein in the leg, is attached to the coronary blood vessels beyond the blockage and to the aorta so that blood can literally bypass the blockage.The sternum is then wired together and the chest is sewn closed.The heart valve replacement surgery normally takes a matter of hours.
You may be wondering if this kind of surgery is right for you. Here are three things that will tell you if you could be a candidate for this kind of heart valve replacement surgery:
1) You have significant blockage in your coronary arteries
2) Your blockage causes angina or other cardiac symptoms
3) You understand the process and procedure of the heart valve surgery
Is it really cheaper to have heart valve surgery abroad?
The average cost of a heart valve replacement surgery in the U.S. is $54,000! The average cost for this surgery abroad in India is $8,000. Depending on where you have your surgery abroad, the savings can be fifty percent or more.
Is it safe to have heart valve replacement surgery abroad?
If you are concerned about the thought of being treated abroad for heart valve surgery (CABG), you needn’t be worried.
Here’s the truth about the hospitals we work with:
• They are internationally accredited by the JCI* and top rated
• The doctors are board certified, meaning they have had to pass rigorous examinations and extensive training.
• The equipment, prosthetics & technology used are of the highest standards and top quality. They are the same or better than you would get in your local hospital.
• The hospital and clinic medical staff and doctors offer first rate quality personal care and attention that will far exceed your expectations.
• Compared to what you will pay for the surgery locally, it is significantly less expensive
* The JCI is an international accrediting body for medical facilities that has been approved by the International Society for Quality in Health Care. It also works in conjunction with the World Health Organization on issues of patient safety.
Where Abroad Can I Have a Heart Valve Surgery Performed?
• In India, they offer heart bypass surgery (CABG) or heart valve surgery, aortic valve surgery and other valvular surgery in several private hospitals in and around New Delhi.
• Mexico is another big place to go to for minimally invasive or coronary artery bypass graft surgery. They offer board certified cardiologists and cardiac and heart surgeons who can do the heart bypass surgery at a fraction of the cost.
• In Bangkok, Thailand, they offer state of the art heart valve and bypass graft surgeries and off short incisions, stem cell use in bypasses and robotic assisted bypasses. Costs are less than fifty percent of what you’ll pay in the U.S. and the quality is first rate.
You may be thinking that doesn’t seem bad at all, but what about arranging all of the details for heart surgery abroad?
Everything will be arranged for you before you leave, including flights, passport, visa and hotel accommodation.You will be met at the airport by one of our English-speaking personal representatives. You will also be able to talk with us or ask any questions at any time you need to and we'll stay in touch throughout your procedure abroad and even after you return to your home.
We’ll take care of all of the details. As we understand more about you and your situation, we will send you a custom plan or package about the heart bypass surgery (CABG) doctors and hospitals abroad, your procedure and costs. You'll be able to speak with your overseas doctors and staff that will be caring for you during your stay.
If you are considering having heart valve or bypass surgery (CABG) abroad, we will be happy to provide you with a free quote. All you need to do is click below.